John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner Review

    Happy New Year !

    Happppppppy New Year !

    Happy Neeeeeeeeeeeew Year !

    How do you say it ?

    I'm more the Haaaaaaaaaaaaaapy New Year types.

    Unless of course I feel like a Happy Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Year. Then I just say that.

    How many of you stayed in welcoming the new year ?

    I did. I stayed in, tucked under blankets catching up on episodes of The City. And just so I don't feel totally like a loser I wish someone else says they did too. Go on say it. Its the new year, make a good girl feel better...

    I really don't know how much more longer I can refer to myself as girl. I'll be 26 in eight days. Indian Lady just has a very weird tone to it. Oh yes, I know, you know what I mean. Lady...

    Anyways while I sat at home all bundled up I had something shiny to be happy about among other things. So happy that I even tweeted about it.

    My hair.
    My hair was awesome.
    Totally awesome.
    Totally awesome in a Jennifer Aniston kinda way.

    I've been using The John Frieda Root Awakening Nourishing Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner for Dry Hair. The shampoo & conditioner contain Eucalyptus & Peppermint Oils that add a blast of life to my hair and scalp. The peppermint isn't very strong so I'm not left shivering in the shower. And the scent of eucalyptus reminds me of when I was ten. My school was surrounded with eucalyptus trees and its amazing scent ! So calm and refreshing...


    Zero Frizz Y'all !

    The conditioner is good. Very good actually. But the real hero is the shampoo. Twice I went without using the conditioner and my hair still felt good. I never go without using a conditioner. Haven't in over ten years but just after cleansing with the shampoo my hair was already feeling good. So I got out. There was a little frizz that I had to take care of but other wise it is brilliant !

    With the conditioner I have zero frizz. This is a first for me. I didn't have to set my hair or my bangs. Everything just fell into place on its own. That's big given how much hair I have on my head.

    Winter Flakes

    Before I started on this John Frieda shampoo, I'd been having an issue with dry scalp.A dose of Nizoral, couple of times took care of it. I wanted to throw this in because its winter and a lot you could be facing some unwanted flakes. On my dry scalp this pair of shampoo & conditioner worked well to restore its moisture and has kept me flake free. I haven't had to use Nizoral for weeks now ! Give it a try if you've been having similar issues.

    Complete With A Downside

    This is one of the most complete shampoos I've tried in a long time. Softness, shine, no frizz, soothing scent, refreshing, non drying - great on all fronts !

    Except on the quantity. We only get 8.45 fl.oz for $6.99. Most other drugstore shampoos come in nearly 12.5 fl.oz packs. I'm gonna see if Costco carries one of those humongous sizes of this one. Will let you know if I find it.

    As for 2010, this is my year.

    I entered 2010 with great hair. You know what they say right ? Anything that happens on the first day of New Year will continue happening all year long. Any year that begins with great hair is going to be a great year !

    Y'all agree ?

    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews