Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder : Review

    A few weeks back I received this wonderful email from reader Reehana. She introduced me to some of her makeup favorites and among them was the Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder. I've been a big fan of the product since December. But before I tell ya why I love it, listen to what Rehaana had to say ...

    "Smashbox halo powder is another miracle worker for me. Give it a few minutes to settle into your skin and it makes your face just glow. I don't have great skin but this stuff works so well for me that people (by people I mean overly nosey aunties who like to invade your personal space and loudly ask you awkward questions in large crowds) have been accusing me of having the "pregnancy glow." I suppose it doesn't help that I recently got married so everyone is already checking their watches, lol. Aaaah, desis..."

    LOL !

    I got a sample of the powder along with the Perfect Complexion kit (Medium) that was released during Christmas last year.

    Can ya believe its February already ! Time is doing more than flying...

    My Thoughts

    If you

    hate the heavy feeling of makeup,
    or are new to makeup
    or hate the white cast that come from most translucent powders...

    you have got to try the Halo powder . Its lighter than feather and vanishes onto your skin leaving behind a softly iridescent finished face. I use it over my liquid foundation in place of translucent powder. Given how sheer it is , I may not recommend it for coverage as such. But if you have fairly clear face and just need a finishing touch grab this pronto !

    I've worn this on days when my skin was super dry and drenched with moisturizer and loved the semi matte, barely there coverage. I also use it to set my concealer, where a powder as light as this is perfect coz it doesn't alter the texture around the eyes. Some powders suck up all the moisture and make my eye area dry and flaky.

    The design is a hit with me. I am the worst when it comes to storing loose powders but find pressed powders too heavy for a light makeup kinda days. So, this built in shaver has my heart.

    More On The Product

    The product is said to be great on mature skin. Some statistics mentioned on their site are : after 10 minutes there is a 33% decrease in the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes. And after 6 weeks of use, there is a 67% decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles overall.

    The formulation consists of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids and a powerful peptide that are said to deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while their patented hydration system continuously revitalizes skin for a brighter, more radiant complexion all day.

    The Halo powders are all Oil-free, Talc-free, and Paraben-free & come with a custom Kabuki brush and a sample of the Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

    Overall though I cant say much on the anti aging benefits, I love it for it does !

    In Other News

    Did you have a good Valentines day ? Relaxed and pumped up to start the week ?

    I had one of the greatest times ! Will put up some pics soon but lemme tell you this - I almost touched a giraffe , got face to face with a zebra, got scared $hit by an antelope and five feet away from a leopards ! One of the most surreal experiences a city girl can have !

    I am in love with this song by Lady Antebellum ...yay for country singers !



    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews