Going Natural For A Week : A Look Back At It

    Yesterday was my last day with the natural beauty routine. And I wanted to share my thought on how it was....
    It was LONG !

    Though it was only a week, it seemed like forever. My only guess for why it felt like so long is that I was conscious of everything I was using. Everything had to measured put in a cup and used knowing what it was and what its suppose to do. On a regular day, I usually don't think twice about the cleanser I use or the moisturizer that follows. Things went on like a drill but not on the natural week.

    I Missed My Moisturizer

    Had I planned well in advance I would have thought about getting pure Shea butter. But then I really don't like the smell of it. It wasn't the greatest thing to depend on my cleanser and masks to keep me moisturized. Yogurt was a life saver in terms of moisture and my Almond mask helped a lot too but this was all for the face. My body was dry and not loving the sudden overdose of chick pea flour. I ended up using an organic moisturizer on the body because it got dry to a point that I was itching all over.

    Not pretty.

    Rediscovered Ice Therapy

    Ice, man....ice !

    Who knew it was this good for the skin. I don't know what it does, but it relaxes me and my skin. The redness gets minimized and the skin just looks plump and happy. I also discovered the ice my freezer makes is just the right shape and size to fit my eye. So I took one cube or should I say oval with flat side ? Anyhow, I took one piece rolled it in a cotton cloth, slightly wet the cloth over the ice and gently rolled it all over my face and eyes. I did this every night for 5 days and intend to do it from now on forever.

    Face Masks

    I am creative in the kitchen so making my own face mask was fun ! I don't think I've twittered about anything as much. When I started out with the Natural Week, I did want to try lettuce toner and cucumber toner and all that jazz but washing my blender a million times got real boring. So I made this mask - made it well and used it every night just before my ice therapy. I plan on continuing this mostly because I see instant results !

    (And it uses up the Ground Flax seeds I've had forever)

    Became My Mom

    I love my mom. So " I became my Mom" is fun for me.

    But, I became my MOM !

    Every time I cut a lemon to squeze it over my salad, I'd roll the left over rind on my face. I saved a couple of cucumber pieces and placed it on my eyes. I cut Potatoes, I'd roll one half of a potato all over my face and throw it off. Same with Tomatoes.

    Each one, an instant mini facial ! And its all natural !

    Changes

    Frankly I think one week is too less of a time to see something major especially if you have normal good skin. My whole reason behind doing this, was to do it. To see if I could stay all natural with my beauty routine. I did and I also saw a few surprise changes.

    The redness around my nose and cheeks has reduced . Because of this my face on the whole looks a lot more even and clearer.

    The oils I used to moisturize were not liked by my skin. I got a couple of these real tiny white-ish spots that look like pimples but arn't painful and generally vanish without scarring in a couple of days.

    I don't have plenty of blemishes but I do have a couple - no change on them.

    Face feels a lot more tight. As in the pores feel smaller and my skin looks a bit more alive than it used to.

    My lashes are shiny because I oiled them every night !

    No Eating Out

    It was hard but not very hard. Every meal was at home or home cooked. I did not eat out the whole week ! Which is why I am going out for dinner tonight. I shall binge.

    I'll have everything on the menu please.

    Any specials tonight ?

    Yea I'll have a side of that too.

    Overall

    Overall it was fun ! If I save some of the enthusiasm I plan on going natural for a week every month. Next time I hit Whole Foods, I'll remember to buy some pure Shea butter, store it in the refrigerator and see how effective it is ! I also should do a little more research so I can replace the chick pea flour for body cleansing. It got boring after three days. And I stopped using turmeric after the first day because cleaning out the tub was becoming a huge task.

    And I don't like huge tasks that involve my bath tub.

    Did you go natural with me ? Congratulations on makin it !! I know it was hard....What changes did you see ? Was there a favorite part about all this for you ?



    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews