NYFW SS2010 - Trend It : All About The Lips - Cool Purple Lips

    The cool toned purple lips at Vena Cava had everybody talking ! It is bold yet not as bold as black lips. It is super stylish when paired with black or green clothes and hair pulled back. Check out the models below doing it so well !


    Dark Is Not My Thing


    Fall is a great season to experiment with deeper darker shades but not all of us are into it . I for one cannot bring myself to wear Urban Decay's Confession Lipstick though I really really thought I could when the cold season came around.

    So, if you're like me and having a bit of a tough time going dark , then go for the purple. Its not too dark and its exciting what the cool blue undertones in this color do to your face. One thing however is the yellow teeth. These do have a way of making teeth look yellower than they are. So I'd advise a good round of Crest Whitening Strips to remove any or all yellow stains.

    Stay Mauve...err Purple


    My favorite way to sport the purple as of now is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Lipstick - Stay Mauve ($22). Like I said, the cool tone takes a little getting used to but once I got over it , I loved what it did to my face. Its classy, stylish and totally fab ! I am really liking the formula of these Stay in Place Lipsticks. They are not as drying as most long wear lipsticks, glide easily and stay on well for 4 to 6 hours after which they remain as a stain which looks good enough in case you have no time for a touch up. That however is not what EL is promising. They say it will stay put for 12 hours. Could be possible on a day when you are stuck without food or water but not on a regular day.



    Are you lovin the purple lips ? Do you have a favorite purple lipstick ?



    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews