Anokha Skin Care Almond Cleansing Milk : Review

    Remember my super awesome Creamy Almond Walnut Mask ?

    Also remember I told you I found a very good cleanser to take the place of my beloved Korres Cleansing Foam ?

    Now, put the two thought together and you get this - The luxurious Almond Cleansing Milk from Anokha Skincare.

    About Anokha

    Anokha is the brainchild of Dr. Nina Naidu, a New York based plastic surgeon. Dr. Naidu combined modern knowledge with traditional South Asian ingredients like lotus, neem, turmeric, almond, jasmine, honey, sandalwood to create Anokha, which represents the best of both the old and the new.

    Anokha Skin Care’s products are free of artificial coloring, artificial fragrances, petroleum, parabens, and sodium lauryl sulfate. They are safe for use by pregnant and lactating women.

    Almond Cleansing Milk

    If you know me, you know I cannot resist hearing about natural ingredients, especially South Asian natural ingredients and not give it a try.

    I just have to. Its my only OCD quirk.

    Well, that and something to do with Krispy Kreme. But that's another story for another time.


    I've been using the Cleansing Milk for over three weeks now which is a fair amount to time to progress from indecisive, in between to like and love a product. But with this one I went straight to the I Like It phase.

    Its All About Balance


    The Almond Cleansing Milk is a creamy but runny cleanser. The balance between cleansing and moisturizing is great. Unlike several other cleansers for dry skin it does not fill my face with slimy moisture. Instead it cleans and just keeps the natural oils intact, leaving my skin feeling soft and supple. This is my go-to early morning cleanser. Its always good to start your day with a bit of luxury coz God knows how the rest of the day is going to pan out.

    Bit Of A Luxury, You See


    The $25 price tag is steep but then again it is a boutique brand. Nothing is mass produced and one is assured of the quality that comes with producing things in small batches. I did get 1. oz more than my Korres cleanser and it was cheaper by $2. But yes, the price still seems high. Overall, I'd call it a refined version of my Creamy Almond Walnut Mask with milk instead of yogurt and no walnuts. An excellent cleanser for dry/ sensitive skin. With the fall coming around its time to start preventing those dry spots on the cheeks !

    Price - $25 (6.5 oz)
    Purchase - anokhaskincare.com
    Purpose
    - Cleansing milk for dry skin
    Position
    - In Other News ...
    OMG it must be Fall !! All my favorite shows are back !

    What shows are you following ? I am all over House, Brothers and Sisters, Gray's Anatomy, The Big Bang Theory from the oldies. And from the new ones Glee, Cougar town and Flash Forward. Gossip Girl is now out of my list coz its gotten a bit boring for me. I am really tired of Serena doing stupid things to get her father's attention and everybody acting like they don't read magazine or newspapers.

    And then there is Jon Stewart. I love the man with all my heart.
    Or is it hearts ?
    Lots and lots of red hearts...

    What about you ? What shows are you religiously following ?

    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews