LORAC Secrets Of A Hollywood Starlet Kit : Review & Swatches; I'm Addicted And I Dont Want To Be Saved

    This is it people. This is what I have been A.D.D.I.C.T.E.D to for over a week now.

    I've been using it every single day, every time I go out , every time I ran to the grocers and every time I went out for dinner. Just plain - All The Time !


    The Secrets Of A Hollywood Starlet Kit from LORAC has everything I need for a pretty face of makeup and almost every product is drop dead gorgeous. What the almost means - you'll know soon.

    The Kit is essentially a purple faux croc leather bag / clutch with

    Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Starlet ($24)
    Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope ($24)
    Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Glam ($22)
    Lotsa Lash fiber mascara in Black ($19.50)
    LORAC’s exclusive shadow/liner brush (priceless, as in the price isn't stated on the site)

    Starry-Eyed Baked Eye Shadow Trio in Starlet


    This is to eye makeup what butter is to Paula Dean.


    The Starlet Trio consists of a champagne pink shade, a purple taupe and a deep purple. Each one can be used as an all over color or a highlight, all over shade and eyeliner respectively.

    All I did for this look is to take the darkest shade, load it once on the shadow brush that came with the kit and gently pat if all over my eye. Next I gently added just a hint of the purple taupe shade in the center of the lid. That's it. All that color came from just one swipe. They are so darn pigmented ! And the texture is buttery too. Just glides on your skin leaving a sexy satin finish. The trio is available on its on too for $24 each. Like I said before these are some THE BEST shadows I have ever used !


    But you wait, don't go ordering the shadow now. You'll regret it once I tell you how much the kit costs.

    Baked Matte Satin Blush in Velvet Rope

    O my geez Louise wont you look at that !


    (The flash washes the color, man. Damn the flash.)

    Its a matte satin ! A matte with a satin finish. Not a boring powdery dry matte one !

    Velvet Rope is a one of a kind, universally flattering rose pink. The intensity can be easily increased with just a couple of layers for a flawless pink cheek look !

    And if you saw my love, you'll love him too. And I love him. A love like ours could never die..
    ( Adapted from Beatles - And I Love her)

    Yup, still talking about the blush.

    I think.

    Couture Shine Liquid Lipstick in Glam



    Liquid lipstick in a glossy formula. Not sticky, not heavy, great when layered over a nude lipstick and super glamorous on its own. It smells like Milo ( the drink you drank when you were younger, remember ?) Its not bad at all, but just thought I throw it in .

    On its own its a delicate shimmery nude - rose. The big fat gloss comes with a tiny brush. Girls like my sister who are blessed with ultra cute thin lips will love this one !

    Lotsa Lash fiber mascara in Black

    Va-va- voom volume ! The mascara literally adds a million more lashes to my natural twenty seven. Despite the volume, the mascara feels fairly light-weight and doesn't pull my lashes down. Super exciting ! But, there was a little fall out. Three of those million and twenty seven to be precise. They did go away with a brush of my finger but there still was fall out within two hours of applying the mascara. And that is not very exciting.

    This is the only product that I may not miss if its gone or lost or thrown away by mistake.

    Drumroll Please

    Unlike most things that are bright and beautiful in the makeup world, the most exciting thing about this kit is its cost. The nifty little thing costs only $ 42 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The real value though is over $145 !

    Its not often that I get this excited about something. But there is something about finding a deal this good that gives me this intense joy. It makes me wanna build a bonfire and dance around it.

    Now you go check this out while I get started on the bon fire ! If you get it lemme know. I'll have you flown over and we can all dance around the fire.

    Just kidding

    I think.

    Price - $42
    Purchase
    - Ulta, Ulta.com
    Purpose
    - Makeup Kit
    Position
    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews