Two Easy Ways To Do The Cat Eye Look / Winged Eye Look

    We already have the technique part of the crazy popular cat eye look nailed. Its been archived in the history pages of this blog and can be found here along with steps on how to handle liquid eyeliner here

    Today lets talk about the wands you need to create the look. The wand that will take you to great heights.

    Well, as high as an eyeliner can go.

    And always remember - The wand chooses the witch.

    Witches & Wizards, I present to you the LORAC - Front Of The Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner Pen ($22) and Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eyeliner ($7).


    Both these eyeliners are designed like a pen so we can easily draw the line on our eyes. No more dipping in and out or having to deal with solidifying liquid eyeliners. These are the Nimbus 2000's of the Eyeliner world.

    Wait, isn't Nimbus the broom ?

    Sign I must stop with the Harry Potter references.

    Like I said, the wand chooses the witch.

    (There I go again ! Somebody stop me. Please !)


    This is a look where I used the LORAC - Front Of The Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Dark brown. For day time and for a look as dramatic as the cat eye, I prefer using brown over black. It balances out the drama and doesn't look out of place.

    Or something like that.

    The LORAC pen has a very very thin brush tip. The brush glides over your skin and leaves a line as thin as you want. Of course we can go over and thicken it, if needed. The staying power is brilliant. It wore well for at least 10 hours and will stay on longer if I didn't wash it off.



    The Milani Eyetech eyeliner on the other hand has a felt tip. The pen gives out highly pigmented deep black intense color. Unlike many other liquid eyeliners the color remains just as intense throughout the day without any cracking or peeling. It wears very well, just as well as the Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner as long as no water touches it. though its said to be waterproof - it comes off the moment water touches it.

    One question I always get asked is " can you recommend a really really black eyeliner that stays put". This is it . Its intense and long wearing and cheap !



    Personally I prefer the brush tip over the felt tip. Since my eyes are a bit on the smaller side, I like to keep the eyeliner very thin. And over time with practice my hands have turned pretty steady and I love painting my eyes with a thin brush. But if you have an unsteady hand or an issue with lines going wonky - the felt is recommended.



    So, there you have it two wands to create the perfect cat eye look.

    The question begs to be asked : Which wand chose you ?



    In Other News ...


    How was the weekend y'all ? Mine was mystical, magical, filled with wands and brooms and witches and wizards and fun schools. I saw the first three Harry Potter movies !! They are pretty good !

    Yup, never seen any before. I am cool like that. I stay away from trending topics.

    And then I have nothing to talk about.

    And then eight years later I catch up on all of it.

    By then its not the trending topic anymore. But I'm gonna make it one now.

    Tell me, you like Harry Potter ? You read the books ? Seen the movies ?

    Love,
    Indian Girl

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews